ENSURE POWDER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (casein, soy), carbohydrate (corn syrup, maltodextrin, sucrose), fat (corn oil), vitamins, minerals; low residue; vanilla flavor; lactose- and gluten-free.
Indications for ENSURE POWDER:
Oral nutritional supplement (eg, nutritional deficiency, weight loss, recovering from illness or surgery, low residue diets). Occasional meal replacement. Between meal snack. Sole source feeding.
Adults and Children:
Provides 250Cal/8 oz. Pwd: add ½ cup of powder to ¾ cup of cold water for one 8oz serving. For seven 8 oz servings: add 1 can of powder to 5 ¼ cups cold water. Stir, whisk until dissolved. May use blender or mixer at lowest speed for 30 sec. Refrigerate mixed powder until served.
Medical nutritional supplement.
Ensure Ready to Use (cans, bottles)—8oz, 32oz; Pwd (cans)—14 oz; Pudding (cups)—4 oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- CVS Pharmacy Launches Prescription Delivery Service Nationwide
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes