Researchers examined the efficacy of combination SPIOMET therapy vs oral contraceptive for reducing ectopic fat and restoring normalized ovulation in adolescents with PCOS.
Highlights from the 99th Annual Meeting & Expo of the Endocrine Society.
Multiple studies at ENDO 2017 highlighted the dangers linked to both environmental toxin and common household chemical exposure.
Postprandial plasma glucose and insulin measurements were similar, regardless of fiber source.
Patients who used corticosteroids had a 1.1-fold increased risk of having metabolic syndrome vs. corticosteroid non-users and the likelihood was more pronounced in women than in men.
Cognitive function was affected even in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism.
Patients with vitamin D deficiency had significantly higher total cholesterol, non-HDL-C, triglycerides, and lipoprotein ratios overall.
Glucose levels were measured at 30, 60, 90, and 120 minutes after study participants consumed sugary drinks.
Higher levels of free T4 were associated with atrial fibrillation, but TSH and total T3 were not.
Using an immunoassay, researchers determined that vitamin D levels required are lower than the current level recommended by the Institute of Medicine.
Disease burden associated with hypophosphatasia was analyzed in a population of patients utilizing electronic medical records.
Patients with type 2 diabetes who prefer staying up late at night show more symptoms of depression than those who wake up and sleep earlier.
In a follow-up to the PregMet study, researchers examined the long-term metabolic effects of metformin therapy in pregnancy with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
At the end of a 3-month period, adolescents with type 2 diabetes experienced decreased HbA1c levels after using insulin pump therapy.
Researchers found no improvement in depression scores associated with vitamin D supplementation.
High rates of Enterobacteriaceae and Staphylococcus aureus were found in diabetic ulcers treated with early ambulatory surgical debridement.
Both mean body weight and body mass index were reduced with empagliflozin in patients with diabetes following cardiac transplant.
Transgender men who are on long-term androgen therapy have higher levels of aortic stiffness, which may increase their risk for cardiovascular events.
Elemental calcium — found in cow's milk — significantly limits a person's ability to absorb oral levothyroxine.
Linagliptin decreased HbA1c, as well as reactive oxygen species generation and plasma lipid peroxide levels.
The effects of testosterone therapy administered before controlled ovarian stimulation on pregnancy and live birth rates were examined in poor responders undergoing IVF
First look at research being presented at ENDO 2017.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Gestational Diabetes Risk May Be Reduced With Probiotics
- Type 2 Diabetes Therapy Intensification: Part I: Insulin vs GLP-1 Agonists
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 2017 Meeting Preview
- Driving Risk Assessment for Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes Therapy Intensification: Part II: GLP-1 Agonist Adverse Effects and Fixed-Ratio Combinations
- Achieving Low HbA1c Levels Benefited Metformin Initiators
- Gestational Diabetes Incidence Did Not Decrease With Inositol Therapy
- Functional Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Diagnosis and Treatment Guidelines Released
- Anticholinergic Medications May Increase Dementia Risk in Diabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome Rates Differ by Race, Ethnicity in Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome