The risk for thyroid cancer appears to be increased in breast cancer survivors, especially among younger patients with invasive ductal carcinoma.
In patients with heart failure, the ratio of calcitriol to parathyroid hormone may help predict cardiovascular death.
A trained scent dog was able to accurately identify thyroid cancer in urine samples from patients with thyroid nodules.
Increasing BMI was associated with greater odds of inpatient hospital, emergency department admissions and outpatient service utilization in older patients.
Both bariatric surgery and intensive weight management yielded similar improvements in HbA1c, weight loss and quality of life.
An experimental compound that speeds up metabolism and induces the browning of white fat may help with weight and fat loss.
A new soybean oil genetically modified to be healthier than conventional soybean oil may still cause obesity, prediabetes and fatty liver.
Sunitinib appears to exhibit significant antitumor activity in patients with advanced differentiated thyroid cancer.
Exposure to low doses of hormone-disrupting chemicals may alter the liver genome and function, thereby increasing susceptibility to obesity.
Gestational exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) may affect the brain up to 2 generations later.
Abaloparatide-SC, an injectable drug being studied for osteoporosis, may reduce the rate of new spinal fractures by 86%.
Mindfulness-based stress reduction may benefit overweight and obese female patients.
For every 30 minutes of lost weekday sleep, the risk of obesity and insulin resistance increased substantially.
In obese women, detrimental eating and behavioral characteristics may be associated with worse insulin resistance.
In obese adults, decreasing fat may be better than cutting carbohydrates for body fat reduction.
Three doses of testosterone nasal gel may help normalize testosterone levels in men with hypogonadism.
The composition of gut microbiota may change over time in unhealthy ways in African American men with prediabetes.
Exposure to phthalates and flame retardants in the womb may contribute to autistic-like behaviors in offspring.
Significant improvements were noted in hepatic glucose output, increased glucose uptake and utilization of carbs as preferred metabolic fuel.
Low-dose letrozole may help treat infertility in men with obesity-related hypogonadotropic hypogonadism.
Restricting intake of fructose may prevent accumulation of fat in the liver of obese children.
Eating nuts appeared to improve the cardiovascular risk profile in adolescents, according to data presented at ENDO 2015.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk