The benefits of testosterone therapy outweigh the risks, according to experts, and the FDA may need to rethink its stance.
ENDO 2015 Complete Coverage
The risk for thyroid cancer appears to be increased in breast cancer survivors, especially among younger patients with invasive ductal carcinoma.
In patients with heart failure, the ratio of calcitriol to parathyroid hormone may help predict cardiovascular death.
A trained scent dog was able to accurately identify thyroid cancer in urine samples from patients with thyroid nodules.
Increasing BMI was associated with greater odds of inpatient hospital, emergency department admissions and outpatient service utilization in older patients.
Both bariatric surgery and intensive weight management yielded similar improvements in HbA1c, weight loss and quality of life.
An experimental compound that speeds up metabolism and induces the browning of white fat may help with weight and fat loss.
A new soybean oil genetically modified to be healthier than conventional soybean oil may still cause obesity, prediabetes and fatty liver.
Sunitinib appears to exhibit significant antitumor activity in patients with advanced differentiated thyroid cancer.
Exposure to low doses of hormone-disrupting chemicals may alter the liver genome and function, thereby increasing susceptibility to obesity.
Gestational exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) may affect the brain up to 2 generations later.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D
- In Teens, Young Adults, High BMI May Hurt Cardiovascular Health
- Obesity Paradox Affects Type 2 Diabetes Mortality Rates
- Bi-Directional Association Observed Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
- Real-World Data Show Reduced Fracture Rates in Teriparatide-Treated Osteoporosis