Generic Name and Formulations:
Azilsartan medoxomil, chlorthalidone; 40/12.5mg, 40/25mg; tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for EDARBYCLOR:
Hypertension in patients not adequately controlled with monotherapy. As initial therapy in patients likely to need multiple drugs to achieve blood pressure goals.
≥18yrs: initially 40/12.5mg once daily; may increase to 40/25mg after 2–4 weeks as needed. Max: 40/25mg. Patients titrated to the individual components: may give corresponding dose of Edarbyclor. See full labeling.
<18yrs: not established.
Anuria. Concomitant aliskiren-containing products in patients with diabetes.
Fetal toxicity may develop; discontinue if pregnancy is detected. Correct salt/volume depletion before starting therapy; monitor for hypotension. Renal impairment: monitor; consider discontinuing if impairment progresses. Severe CHF. Renal artery stenosis. Severe hepatic impairment. Monitor serum electrolytes periodically. Gout. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) + thiazide-like diuretic.
See Contraindications. Dual inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system with ARBs, ACEIs, or aliskiren may increase risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia, renal function changes; avoid or monitor closely. Avoid concomitant aliskiren in renal impairment (CrCl <60mL/min). May be antagonized by, and renal toxicity potentiated by NSAIDs, including selective COX-2 inhibitors; monitor renal function esp. in elderly and/or volume-depleted. May potentiate lithium; monitor. Concomitant digitalis may exacerbate hypokalemia.
Dizziness, fatigue, hypotension, elevated serum creatinine; hypokalemia, hyponatremia, hyperuricemia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally