Econazole Nitrate Cream Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Econazole nitrate 1%; crm.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Econazole Nitrate Cream:
Tinea pedis, t. cruris, t. corporis, t. versicolor, cutaneous candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
T. pedis, t. versicolor, t. cruris, t. corporis: apply once daily. Cutaneous candidiasis: twice daily. Continue for 4 weeks for t. pedis; others 2 weeks.
Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (not recommended in 1st trimester, unless essential). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates warfarin; monitor INR/PT.
Burning, itching, erythema, stinging.
Formerly known under the brand name Spectazole.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Predictors of Weight Loss in Postpartum Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D