Combination exenatide and dapagliflozin had an adequate safety profile and improved glycemic measures and cardiovascular risk factors.
A 2-year multinational study examined the correlation between type 2 diabetes and current or past episodes of major depressive disorder.
Pooled analysis of more than 300 000 participants revealed a J-shaped relation between nap length, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome risk.
Researchers found the cardiovascular safety of semaglutide was noninferior to placebo in high-risk patients with type 2 diabetes.
Lifestyle factors appear to have the greatest effect on the risk for obesity in those with the most obesogenic genes.
Consumption of total omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids was tied to type 2 diabetes risk in women.
Gestational diabetes diagnoses may be more common in the summer than winter.
Young men who abuse anabolic steroids may place themselves at higher risk for cardiometabolic disorders.
Commercial airline pilots in the United Kingdom who were treated with insulin were able to fly with glucose readings at safe levels.
Higher levels of angiopoietin-like 2 (ANGPTL2) are tied to an increased risk for death in type 2 diabetes.
Babies born to mothers with gestational or pregestational diabetes were more likely to have fetal malformations and other adverse outcomes.
Foods or beverages high in saturated fat and added sugar or salt, contribute to more than one-third of the energy intake of Australians.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- RET Inhibitor Gets Breakthrough Treatment Status for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations