Combination exenatide and dapagliflozin had an adequate safety profile and improved glycemic measures and cardiovascular risk factors.
A 2-year multinational study examined the correlation between type 2 diabetes and current or past episodes of major depressive disorder.
Pooled analysis of more than 300 000 participants revealed a J-shaped relation between nap length, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome risk.
Researchers found the cardiovascular safety of semaglutide was noninferior to placebo in high-risk patients with type 2 diabetes.
Lifestyle factors appear to have the greatest effect on the risk for obesity in those with the most obesogenic genes.
Consumption of total omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids was tied to type 2 diabetes risk in women.
Gestational diabetes diagnoses may be more common in the summer than winter.
Young men who abuse anabolic steroids may place themselves at higher risk for cardiometabolic disorders.
Commercial airline pilots in the United Kingdom who were treated with insulin were able to fly with glucose readings at safe levels.
Higher levels of angiopoietin-like 2 (ANGPTL2) are tied to an increased risk for death in type 2 diabetes.
Babies born to mothers with gestational or pregestational diabetes were more likely to have fetal malformations and other adverse outcomes.
Foods or beverages high in saturated fat and added sugar or salt, contribute to more than one-third of the energy intake of Australians.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity