Researchers found the cardiovascular safety of semaglutide was noninferior to placebo in high-risk patients with type 2 diabetes.
Combination exenatide and dapagliflozin had an adequate safety profile and improved glycemic measures and cardiovascular risk factors.
A 2-year multinational study examined the correlation between type 2 diabetes and current or past episodes of major depressive disorder.
Pooled analysis of more than 300 000 participants revealed a J-shaped relation between nap length, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome risk.
Lifestyle factors appear to have the greatest effect on the risk for obesity in those with the most obesogenic genes.
Consumption of total omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids was tied to type 2 diabetes risk in women.
Gestational diabetes diagnoses may be more common in the summer than winter.
Young men who abuse anabolic steroids may place themselves at higher risk for cardiometabolic disorders.
Commercial airline pilots in the United Kingdom who were treated with insulin were able to fly with glucose readings at safe levels.
Higher levels of angiopoietin-like 2 (ANGPTL2) are tied to an increased risk for death in type 2 diabetes.
Babies born to mothers with gestational or pregestational diabetes were more likely to have fetal malformations and other adverse outcomes.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Metabolic Syndrome Associated With Higher ALT Levels in Chronic Hepatitis B
- April 28 Is Drug Take Back Day
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- ACP: Position Paper Recommends Solutions to Close Gender Equity Gap
- Vitamin D Insufficiency Associated With Insulin Resistance Independent of Obesity in Children
- Factors Identified to Predict Fatty Liver in Obese Teens