Researchers found the cardiovascular safety of semaglutide was noninferior to placebo in high-risk patients with type 2 diabetes.
Combination exenatide and dapagliflozin had an adequate safety profile and improved glycemic measures and cardiovascular risk factors.
A 2-year multinational study examined the correlation between type 2 diabetes and current or past episodes of major depressive disorder.
Pooled analysis of more than 300 000 participants revealed a J-shaped relation between nap length, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome risk.
Lifestyle factors appear to have the greatest effect on the risk for obesity in those with the most obesogenic genes.
Consumption of total omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids was tied to type 2 diabetes risk in women.
Gestational diabetes diagnoses may be more common in the summer than winter.
Young men who abuse anabolic steroids may place themselves at higher risk for cardiometabolic disorders.
Commercial airline pilots in the United Kingdom who were treated with insulin were able to fly with glucose readings at safe levels.
Higher levels of angiopoietin-like 2 (ANGPTL2) are tied to an increased risk for death in type 2 diabetes.
Babies born to mothers with gestational or pregestational diabetes were more likely to have fetal malformations and other adverse outcomes.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity