Researchers found the cardiovascular safety of semaglutide was noninferior to placebo in high-risk patients with type 2 diabetes.
Combination exenatide and dapagliflozin had an adequate safety profile and improved glycemic measures and cardiovascular risk factors.
A 2-year multinational study examined the correlation between type 2 diabetes and current or past episodes of major depressive disorder.
Pooled analysis of more than 300 000 participants revealed a J-shaped relation between nap length, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome risk.
Lifestyle factors appear to have the greatest effect on the risk for obesity in those with the most obesogenic genes.
Consumption of total omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids was tied to type 2 diabetes risk in women.
Gestational diabetes diagnoses may be more common in the summer than winter.
Young men who abuse anabolic steroids may place themselves at higher risk for cardiometabolic disorders.
Commercial airline pilots in the United Kingdom who were treated with insulin were able to fly with glucose readings at safe levels.
Higher levels of angiopoietin-like 2 (ANGPTL2) are tied to an increased risk for death in type 2 diabetes.
Babies born to mothers with gestational or pregestational diabetes were more likely to have fetal malformations and other adverse outcomes.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging