DITROPAN XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin chloride 5mg, 10mg, 15mg; ext-rel tabs.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DITROPAN XL:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency. Neurologic detrusor overactivity symptoms in children.
Swallow whole. Take with fluid. Initially 5mg or 10mg once daily; may increase weekly in 5mg increments; max 30mg/day.
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: Swallow whole. Take with fluid. Initially 5mg once daily; may increase in 5mg increments; max 20mg/day.
Urinary or gastric retention; uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma; or patients at risk for these.
Discontinue if angioedema develops; consider discontinuing if anticholinergic CNS effects occur. Bladder outflow or GI obstruction. Ulcerative colitis. Intestinal atony. GERD. GI narrowing or stricture. Pre-existing dementia. Parkinson's disease. Myasthenia gravis. Decreased GI motility in those with autonomic neuropathy. Exposure to high environmental temperatures. Hepatic or renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Increased drowsiness with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. May be potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors. Decreases GI motility, possibly affecting absorption of other drugs. Caution with drugs that can cause or exacerbate esophagitis (eg, bisphosphonates).
Dry mouth, constipation, somnolence, headache, diarrhea, nausea, tachycardia, blurred vision, dry eyes, other anticholinergic effects.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity