Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 40mg; sust-rel caps.
Indications for DILATRATE-SR:
Prophylaxis and treatment of angina. Not for acute attacks.
See full labeling. Allow at least an 18-hour interval daily between doses to avoid development of tolerance. Max 160mg/day.
Concomitant PDE inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, avanafil) or riociguat.
Recent MI. CHF. Volume depletion. Hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor standing blood pressure when increasing doses. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with alcohol, other vasodilators.
Headache, transient lightheadedness, orthostatic hypotension; rare: syncope, angina, rebound hypertension.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally