Most Recent Articles by Diana Ernst, RPh
The patient, a 50-year old male, presented to the emergency department with palpitations and complaints of nausea, retching and diarrhea which he said started after he squeezed a nodule on his thigh.
The Food and Drug Administration has posted a recall notification for 2 lots of Riomet 500mg/5mL due to the possibility that the liquid may be contaminated with Scopulariopsis brevicaulis.
One patient taking high levels of biotin has died following falsely low troponin test results when a troponin test known to have biotin interference was used.
For patients with psoriasis, an increase in body surface area affected by the disease may be associated with a greater risk of type 2 diabetes.
The new formulation of Bydureon BCise allows for once-weekly administration with an autoinjector pen.
More Articles by Diana Ernst, RPh
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine