The device is indicated for ultrasound echo imaging, measurement, and analysis of the human body for general clinical applications including musculoskeletal, vascular, small parts (breast, thyroid), and lung imaging.
Shear wave elastography can be a useful tool in the preliminary diagnostics of parathyroid adenomas.
Thyroid ultrasonography, which may lead to the discovery of incidental nodules, anxiety, and high cost, is not required in evaluation for hypothyroidism.
Diabetes following pancreatic disease often requires higher use of insulin and worse glycemic control.
The American Academy of Pediatrics urges careful consideration between parents and clinicians prior to ordering these tests.
Validation-tool identified "high risk" patients were more likely to report hypoglycemia episodes and subsequent emergence department use.
New monitoring system involves the placement of a small sensor wire beneath the skin surface to continuously monitor glucose levels.
Over 150 variables were identified as possible hypoglycemia risk factors.
Researchers urge physicians to consider polygenic causes for patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia.
Parents of children with an increased genetic risk for type 1 diabetes had higher level of anxiety.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care