Antioxidants significantly reduced albuminuria vs control.
Researchers examined prescription patterns for 6 classes of medications used among patients with diabetic nephropathy.
Levels of triglycerides and HDL cholesterol are independent risk factors for chronic diabetic kidney disease in type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes increased from 1.86 cases per 1,000 children to 2.82 per 1,000 over more than a decade.
No benefit seen with the diet for prevention of diabetic nephropathy.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
All doses of patiromer significantly reduced potassium levels after a month.
Life expectancy appears to be shorter in type 1 diabetes, but intensive glycemic therapy has been linked to lower mortality rates.
Researchers find an independent association between subclinical hypothyroidism and diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetes.
Measured insulin sensitivity tied to early renal abnormalities in adolescents with type 2 diabetes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Type 2 Diabetes Associated With Increased Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Use of FSH in Early Diagnosis of Turner Syndrome
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery Offers Best Outcomes for Pregnant Women With T1D
- Surgical Treatment Better Than Medical Therapy in Severely Obese Adolescents With T2D
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome