Antioxidants significantly reduced albuminuria vs control.
Researchers examined prescription patterns for 6 classes of medications used among patients with diabetic nephropathy.
Levels of triglycerides and HDL cholesterol are independent risk factors for chronic diabetic kidney disease in type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes increased from 1.86 cases per 1,000 children to 2.82 per 1,000 over more than a decade.
No benefit seen with the diet for prevention of diabetic nephropathy.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
All doses of patiromer significantly reduced potassium levels after a month.
Life expectancy appears to be shorter in type 1 diabetes, but intensive glycemic therapy has been linked to lower mortality rates.
Researchers find an independent association between subclinical hypothyroidism and diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetes.
Measured insulin sensitivity tied to early renal abnormalities in adolescents with type 2 diabetes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity