Endocrinologist Kevin M. Pantalone, DO, and psychiatrist Christian Kohler, MD, discuss the risk associated with the use of antipsychotic medications in individuals with type 2 diabetes.
A retrospective cohort study was conducted to assess the relationship between maternal diabetes and morbidity/mortality in preterm infants.
Popliteal Sciatic Nerve Block May Increase Time to First Opioid Request in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
Patients with type 2 diabetes and diabetic peripheral neuropathy may have an increased time to first opioid request and reduced time to onset of sensory blockade after an ultrasound-guided popliteal sciatic nerve block compared with patients without neuropathy.
A retrospective, observational study was conducted to assess outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with second-generation basal insulin analogs.
For patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), travel costs relating to hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) screening constitute a substantial cost item, and self-monitoring can reduce costs.
Finnish investigators evaluated the link between diabetes medications other than DPP-4 inhibitors and the risk for BP.
For this study, researchers conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2 trial (N=24) to assess the efficacy and safety of adding oral verapamil for 12 months to a standard insulin regimen in adults with recent-onset type 1 diabetes (age range: 18 to 45 years).
Investigators examined whether β-cell function can be improved or preserved with antihyperglycemic agents in young patients.
Increased spending per encounter has been the biggest driver of overall rise in spending.
Significant, sustained decrease in blood glucose levels with low insulin doses of 3 to 10 U/kg.
Investigators examined the efficacy of low-dose aspirin in cancer chemoprevention in patients with diabetes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging