Secure messaging presents an opportunity for patients and healthcare providers to collaborate on self-management issues like glycemic control, diet, and exercise.
A novel deep learning system has high sensitivity and specificity for identifying diabetic retinopathy.
In this phase 3 study, statistically and clinically meaningful improvements in HbA1c, body weight, and the proportion of patients achieving goal HbA1c <7% (53mmol/mol) were demonstrated with 2 doses of ITCA 650 vs placebo.
A new continuous glucose monitoring system that allows patients to capture real-time glucose readings without use calibration or routine fingersticks is now available.
The system is able to calculate and recommend optimal insulin dose, track the timing of doses, monitor insulin temperature, remind users to take insulin, and create reports for the healthcare provider.
The Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD) Congress summarize consensus recommendations on the current understanding of how CGM results can affect outcomes.
Patients from 3 sites participated in a trial examining the noninferiority of telemedicine vs standard outpatient care for diabetic foot ulcer follow-up treatment.
Although sharing of real-time continuous glucose monitoring data can create tension between patients with type 1 diabetes and family members, it can also facilitate greater empowerment and perceptions of safety among both patients and their caregivers.
Patients with T1D are not susceptible to accelerated lipolysis and ketogenesis, despite the reduction in overnight basal insulin doses during SGLT2i treatment.
A study examined the efficacy and safety of predictive low-glucose management systems for the prevention of hypoglycemia in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
Participants reported improvements in many psychosocial variables associated with using an automated bihormonal bionic pancreas system relative to self-management of diabetes using their own insulin pump.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages on Obesity Development
- Metformin and PCOS: Improving Menstrual Cycle and Hormone Profiles
- Denosumab May Increase BMD in Women With Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- T2D May Play a Protective Role Against Developing Aortic Diseases
- Risk Factors for Diabetes May Be Identified 20 Years Before Diagnosis
- Metformin Safe in T2D With Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- SGLT2 Inhibitors Show High Cardiovascular- and Renal-Protective Effects in T2D
- Type 2 Diabetes Insulin Initiation: Predictors Identified
- Two New Diabetes Medications Now Available
- Managing Acute Pain in Patients With Severe Obesity
- Risk for Congenital Malformations With Antithyroid Drugs
- Occupational Therapy May Benefit Young Adults With Diabetes
- Weight Loss May Improve Pain in Patients With Obesity
- Prior Authorizations Are Creating a Challenge for Clinicians
- Effect of Biologic DMARDs on Spinal Fracture Risk in Ankylosing Spondylitis