Machines were used to examine the glycemic impact of various meals to determine a glucose forecast.
The studies will assess the safety, efficacy, and user-friendliness among other aspects, of multiple artificial pancreas devices.
Patients with type 1 diabetes who used multiple insulin injections daily experienced reductions in HbA1c with continuous glucose monitoring.
The FDA's expanded indication for the Dexcom G5 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System allows for replacement of fingerstick glucose testing.
The system allows patients and their caregivers to access glucose measurements through their pump or through a mobile app.
The Contour®Next One Blood Glucose Management System will be available in early 2017.
An implantable continuous glucose monitor appears to be a safe and effective alternative to a transcutaneous monitor in diabetes.
FDA approval of the first closed-loop insulin delivery system is exciting for both physicians and patients. What does this mean for the future?
Approval was based on a clinical trial that included 123 people with type 1 diabetes who used the MiniMed 670G hybrid closed-loop system for 3 months, after a 2-week period of no use.
The FDA is coordinating with investigators, manufacturers, clinicians, and others to bring automated insulin delivery devices to market.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Positive Outcomes Associated With Regular Depression Screening in T2D
- Parathyroidectomy for Secondary, Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism Increases Morbidity and Mortality
- Reversing Type 1 Diabetes May Be Possible With Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Acceptable Variability With Novel Sensor for Glucose Monitoring in T2D
- Liraglutide, Metformin, and Gliclazide Compared in Comorbid Type 2 Diabetes and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 7/21/17
- Link Between Diabetes and Hospital Readmission Rates
- Metabolic Profile, Weight Increases Assessed in Ziprasidone Augmentation for Major Depressive Disorder
- Pediatric Respiratory and Atopic Outcomes With Free Sugar Consumption In Pregnancy
- Surgical Wound Complications With Staples, Sutures in Women With Obesity