Machines were used to examine the glycemic impact of various meals to determine a glucose forecast.
The studies will assess the safety, efficacy, and user-friendliness among other aspects, of multiple artificial pancreas devices.
Patients with type 1 diabetes who used multiple insulin injections daily experienced reductions in HbA1c with continuous glucose monitoring.
The FDA's expanded indication for the Dexcom G5 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System allows for replacement of fingerstick glucose testing.
The system allows patients and their caregivers to access glucose measurements through their pump or through a mobile app.
The Contour®Next One Blood Glucose Management System will be available in early 2017.
An implantable continuous glucose monitor appears to be a safe and effective alternative to a transcutaneous monitor in diabetes.
FDA approval of the first closed-loop insulin delivery system is exciting for both physicians and patients. What does this mean for the future?
Approval was based on a clinical trial that included 123 people with type 1 diabetes who used the MiniMed 670G hybrid closed-loop system for 3 months, after a 2-week period of no use.
The FDA is coordinating with investigators, manufacturers, clinicians, and others to bring automated insulin delivery devices to market.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Pooled Analysis Demonstrates Safety, Tolerability of Empagliflozin
- Serum Cholesterol Levels Over Time and Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- Prolonged Delayed Eating Linked to Weight Gain, Increased Respiratory Quotient
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/16/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Gestational Weight Gain Linked to Adverse Outcomes
- Worldwide Obesity Prevalence: BMI On The Rise in 70 Countries
- Grand Rounds Discussion: What Is The Role of Weight Loss Surgery in Obesity?
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes