The Conversation Map tools help incorporate guidelines to help clinicians individualize diabetes management.
Guidelines on dietary sugar appear to be based on low-quality evidence.
The program was associated with decreased high-fat food consumption and increased physical activity.
Many adolescents and young adults expressed interest in peer mentoring as a way to learn diabetes management skills.
DIAMOS program also linked to significant reduction in risk for incident major depression.
Receiving a scripted telephone call from a diabetes educator or pharmacist did not improve medication adherence among patients with diabetes.
Diabetes self-management education improves glucose control and patient satisfaction in the hospital setting.
Diabetes self-management education was deemed effective in improving HbA1c after 2 years.
Mental health sessions allow patients to manage depression and blood glucose levels more effectively.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- International PCOS Network Issues New Guidelines for Management and Diagnosis of PCOS
- Dapagliflozin Plus Omega-3 Carboxylic Acids for Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in T2D
- Second-Line Therapies Show Benefit Over Metformin Monotherapy in T2D
- Intermittent vs Continuous Energy-Restricted Diet: Effects on Glycemic Control and Weight Loss T2D
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Myocardial Fibrosis in Diabetes