Generic Name and Formulations:
Nadolol, bendroflumethiazide; 40mg/5mg, 80mg/5mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CORZIDE:
Titrate components. Renally impaired: increase dosing interval; see literature.
Asthma. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. CHF. Cardiogenic shock. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Monitor electrolytes, renal function. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants, MAOIs, prazosin, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Adjust antidiabetic, anticoagulant medication. ACTH, amphotericin B, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May increase toxicity of diazoxide, digitalis, lithium, verapamil, lidocaine. Antagonized by NSAIDs. Antagonizes methenamine, antigout drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma, parathyroid screening tests.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Cardiac failure, bronchospasm, bradycardia, heart block, fatigue, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, dizziness, blurred vision, cold extremities, rash, pruritus, blood dyscrasias.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits