For patients with panic disorder with agoraphobia, cortisol mediates the effect of the time of day on subsequent outcome.
Patients with nonfunctional adrenal tumors have a nearly 2-fold increased risk for diabetes.
The first-ever guideline from Endocrine Society on Addison's disease details specifics of diagnostic tests and glucocorticoid therapy.
Acute ozone exposure increases stress hormones and causes alterations in peripheral lipid metabolism in humans.
'Ultraman' competitors experience muscle damage and insulin resistance, researchers find.
Guideline focuses on surgical resection to normalize cortisol levels.
Higher evening salivary cortisol levels tied to lower brain volume, worse cognitive function in older people.
The stress hormone may play a role in PTSD and anxiety.
Sugar consumption may suppress the hormone cortisol as well as stress responses in the brain.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes
- Postoperative Radioactive Iodine Ablation Effective in Reducing Disease Recurrence in Low-Risk Thyroid Cancer