Coronary Artery Disease
Extent and severity of coronary artery disease was examined in over 900 patients with type 2 diabetes.
Pancreatic polypeptide significantly correlated with Framingham 10-year risk for coronary artery disease.
Risk of major adverse cardiovascular events up for DAPT disruption, regardless of diabetes status
The 2017 criteria utilize new terminology, classify symptoms as asymptomatic or ischemic, and expand the role of fractional flow reserve.
For patients with stable coronary artery disease, depressive symptoms and cardiac disease severity independently affect patient-reported functional status.
Liraglutide increases heart rate and reduces heart rate variability in overweight patients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes and stable coronary artery disease.
For patients with type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease, CABG plus optimal medical therapy is superior to PCI plus optimal medical therapy.
Routinely measured lipid fractions may be associated with the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD) and diabetes.
Heterozygous mutation carriers have lower levels of non-HDL cholesterol and reduced risk for coronary artery disease.
PCI is increasing, but CABG has been stable for patients presenting with non-ST-segment elevation MI.
Vitamin K1 single nucleotide polymorphisms are positively linked to myocardial infarction and coronary artery disease.
Certain SNPs may indicate which type 2 diabetes patients with coronary artery disease will experience a cardiovascular event.
The association between hand grip strength and cardiovascular events was independent of traditional risk factors.
Remnant cholesterol predicted coronary artery disease events even after adjustment for presence and extent of disease.
Serum levels are significantly increased in patients with coronary artery disease vs healthy controls.
Two studies show carriers of the ANGPTL4 variant have better lipid levels and a lower likelihood of coronary artery disease.
For women without history of coronary artery disease, those with anxiety are more likely to exhibit ischemia during exercise testing than those without anxiety.
Knowledge of coronary computed tomography angiography results is associated with improved alignment of aspirin and statin prescribing with the presence and severity of coronary artery disease.
Mortality rate is higher among women with heart disease after discharge from the hospital.
Paclitaxel-eluting stents were not noninferior to everolimus-eluting stents in patients with diabetes and CAD.
Outpatient cardiovascular care is similar between advanced practice providers and physicians.
Findings in patients with coronary artery disease on statin therapy after undergoing first PCI.
Findings based on meta-analysis involving 10 studies, nearly 175,000 people.
Those perceiving alcohol as heart-healthy drink substantially more alcohol.
The 2013 ACC/AHA guidelines for determining statin eligibility is more accurate and efficient in identifying increased CVD and CAD risks.
The extent of CAC accurately predicts mortality in patients without symptoms of coronary artery disease.
Findings in hypertensive patients with coronary artery disease.
Low yield among patients presenting with acute chest pain and low clinical risk.
Fewer invasive coronary angiography procedures and higher CAD yield for patients with suspected CAD.
Findings in patients with coronary artery disease pretreated with lipid-lowering therapy.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care