Investigators examined the effect of progestin-only contraceptive on cardiometabolic outcomes, including stroke, MI, hypertension, diabetes, and VTE.
Oral contraceptive use in women of reproductive age may increase the risk for lifetime asthma.
This finding suggests an adverse effect of hormonal contraception on psychological health in adolescent girls.
Health care providers should offer family planning counseling to all women after spontaneous abortion, remaining responsive to individual patient needs.
The new Essure labeling restricts the sale and distribution of the device to only health care providers and facilities that provide information to patients about the risks and benefits of this device.
A new birth control pill for men appears to be safe when used daily for a month, with hormone responses consistent with effective contraception.
Medicaid policy encourages the use of long-acting reversible contraception, but state-level payment policies are inconsistent and often do not include critical aspects of care.
Women with migraine with aura are at an increased risk for stroke if they are taking high-dose estrogen-containing contraceptives.
Contraception conversations should take place as early as is appropriate.
Women who had taken oral contraceptives for more than 5 years had the lowest risk for fracture.
The use of combined hormonal contraceptives significantly increases the risk of ischemic stroke in women with migraine with aura but not in women with migraine without aura.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes
- Postoperative Radioactive Iodine Ablation Effective in Reducing Disease Recurrence in Low-Risk Thyroid Cancer