COLACE SYRUP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 60mg/15mL.
Purdue Products L.P.
Indications for COLACE SYRUP:
Mix syrup in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 60mg–360mg daily.
Mix syrup in 6–8oz of milk or juice. <2yrs: individualize. 2–11yrs: 60mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May increase systemic absorption of mineral oil.
Caps 50mg—30, 60; 100mg—10, 30, 60; Liquid—30mL (w. cal dropper); Syrup—473mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally