COLACE SYRUP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 60mg/15mL.
Purdue Products L.P.
Indications for COLACE SYRUP:
Mix syrup in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 60mg–360mg daily.
Mix syrup in 6–8oz of milk or juice. <2yrs: individualize. 2–11yrs: 60mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May increase systemic absorption of mineral oil.
Caps 50mg—30, 60; 100mg—10, 30, 60; Liquid—30mL (w. cal dropper); Syrup—473mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D