CLEOCIN PEDIATRIC GRANULES Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as palmitate HCl) 75mg/5mL; for oral soln; cherry flavor.
Indications for CLEOCIN PEDIATRIC GRANULES:
Serious susceptible infections where less toxic antibiotics are inappropriate, including respiratory, skin and soft tissue, septicemia, intraabdominal, female pelvic or genital; bone and joint (inj).
Use capsule form.
Take with full glass of water. <10kg: at least 37.5mg 3 times daily. Serious: 8–12mg/kg per day. Severe: 13–16mg/kg per day. More severe: 17–25mg/kg per day. Divide into 3–4 equal doses. Beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections: treat for at least 10 days.
Not for treatment of meningitis. Discontinue if colitis occurs and treat. Permanently discontinue if severe hypersensitivity reactions occur. Allergy. Asthma (75mg, 150mg caps). GI disease (esp. colitis). Atopy. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use and in children. IV: Gasping syndrome (neonates, infants). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: consider alternative drug.
May potentiate neuromuscular blocking agents; caution. May be potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors; monitor. May be antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampicin); monitor. May antagonize erythromycin; avoid. Antiperistaltic agents may worsen colitis.
Pseudomembranous colitis, C. difficile-associated diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dysguesia, rash, pruritus, angioedema, anaphylaxis, jaundice, renal dysfunction, blood dyscrasias, polyarthritis, severe skin reactions (eg, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme, drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms, Stevens-Johnson syndrome).
Caps—100; Granules (100mL)—1; Inj (2mL, 4mL, 6mL vials)—25
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally