Generic Name and Formulations:
Reslizumab 100mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for CINQAIR:
As add-on maintenance treatment of severe asthma in patients ≥18yrs old, and with an eosinophilic phenotype.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating other eosinophilic conditions. Not for relief of acute bronchospasm or status asthmaticus.
Give by IV infusion over 20–50mins. ≥18yrs: 3mg/kg once every 4 weeks.
<18yrs: not established.
Should be administered by healthcare provider prepared to manage anaphylaxis. Observe patient for a period of time post-infusion; discontinue immediately if severe systemic reactions or anaphylaxis occur. Not for treating acute asthma symptoms or exacerbations. Treat pre-existing helminth infections before initiating therapy; discontinue Cinqair if treatment-resistant infection occurs while on therapy until resolves. Avoid abrupt cessation of systemic or inhaled corticosteroids upon Cinqair initiation; reduce dose gradually if appropriate. Reduction may be associated with systemic withdrawal symptoms and/or unmask previously suppressed conditions. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Oropharyngeal pain, elevated CPK, myalgia; anaphylaxis, malignancy.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Placebo Effect of Various Female Sexual Dysfunction Drug Txs Assessed
- Link Between Oral Diabetes Medications and Bullous Pemphigoid
- Calcium Channel Blocker May Benefit Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- β-Cell Function in Youth With Impaired Glucose Tolerance, T2D