CHILDREN'S NYQUIL COLD & COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg; per 15mL; liq; cherry flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 71mg/15mL.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for CHILDREN'S NYQUIL COLD & COUGH:
Cough, sneezing, rhinorrhea.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 15mL. ≥12yrs: 30mL. All: repeat every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity