CHILDREN'S NYQUIL COLD & COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg; per 15mL; liq; cherry flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 71mg/15mL.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for CHILDREN'S NYQUIL COLD & COUGH:
Cough, sneezing, rhinorrhea.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 15mL. ≥12yrs: 30mL. All: repeat every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks