CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP NIGHTTIME COLD & CONGESTION OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 6.25mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; syrup; grape-flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 4mg/5mL.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP NIGHTTIME COLD & CONGESTION:
Nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, allergy symptoms.
20mL every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
<6yrs: do not use. 6–11yrs: 10mL every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
Children <6yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other diphenhydramine products (including topicals). For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Syrup—4oz (w. dosing cup)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D