Latest Case Studies
A patient notes concerns with vision difficulty 4 years after undergoing a laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with a duodenal switch.
A patient came to the clinic to discuss her dizzy spells 4 years after her Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
An older women with type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis experienced improvements with one condition at the expense of the other.
A type 1 diabetes patient presents to an outpatient facility agitated and slurring his words. Emergency medical help was called to assist the patient.
A patient, aged 60 years, was admitted to the hospital to undergo renal transplant therapy. He had a history of type 2 diabetes for 15 years.
When creating outpatient diabetes management plan, the patient's inpatient medication regimen should be considered but not necessarily replicated.
A patient diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia presents to the foot clinic after 1 month of swelling, redness, and warmth in the left foot.
A 25-year-old woman newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes presents with insidious onset of recurrent hypoglycemia and is given a CGM device.
After a patient's elective surgery was postponed due to glucose readings, an assessment of his medical profile and history were evaluated to manage his type 2 diabetes mellitus complications.
Heavy metal exposure from a patient's well water accelerated multisystem damage associated with diabetes.
A 33-year-old previously healthy woman, gravida 1, para 0, presented during her first trimester with palpitations and an increase in sweating.
Despite adhering to lifestyle modifications, a woman's glycemic control remains inadequate.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Osteoporosis Care Quality Most Consistently Predicted By Primary Care
- Effect of Monthly High-Dose Vitamin D on CVD
- Accuracy of Trabecular Bone Score to Assess Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D
- Is DXA Required to Diagnose Vertebral Fracture in Patients With Low BMD?
- Increase in DPP-4i, Sulfonylurea Use in Diabetic Nephropathy
- Migraine Management in Female Reproduction
- Oral Levothyroxine Absorption Reduced By Cow's Milk Consumption
- Best of the 2017 Annual Meeting & Expo of the Endocrine Society
- Natural Therapies: Avocado Consumption for Metabolic Syndrome
- Hypovitaminosis D Associated With High 24-Hour Ambulatory BP in Type 2 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes Risk May Be Reduced With Probiotics
- Heart Failure Risk Association with BMI and Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Driving Risk Assessment for Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- Statin Intolerance Contributes to Higher Risk for MI and CHD
- Preeclampsia Increases Pregnancy-Associated Stroke Risk