Latest Case Studies
A patient notes concerns with vision difficulty 4 years after undergoing a laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with a duodenal switch.
A patient came to the clinic to discuss her dizzy spells 4 years after her Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
An older women with type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis experienced improvements with one condition at the expense of the other.
A type 1 diabetes patient presents to an outpatient facility agitated and slurring his words. Emergency medical help was called to assist the patient.
A patient, aged 60 years, was admitted to the hospital to undergo renal transplant therapy. He had a history of type 2 diabetes for 15 years.
When creating outpatient diabetes management plan, the patient's inpatient medication regimen should be considered but not necessarily replicated.
A patient diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia presents to the foot clinic after 1 month of swelling, redness, and warmth in the left foot.
A 25-year-old woman newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes presents with insidious onset of recurrent hypoglycemia and is given a CGM device.
After a patient's elective surgery was postponed due to glucose readings, an assessment of his medical profile and history were evaluated to manage his type 2 diabetes mellitus complications.
Heavy metal exposure from a patient's well water accelerated multisystem damage associated with diabetes.
A 33-year-old previously healthy woman, gravida 1, para 0, presented during her first trimester with palpitations and an increase in sweating.
Despite adhering to lifestyle modifications, a woman's glycemic control remains inadequate.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Osteoporosis Treatment Approaches in Women vs Men
- Fewer Menstrual Cycles May Lead to Increased Risk for Heart Failure
- Frequent Hot Flashes Worsened Endothelial Function in Younger Midlife Women
- Collaborative Care With Pharmacist Benefits Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 5/26/17
- Liraglutide Plus Metformin Leads to Remission in New-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Adds Boxed Warning to Canagliflozin Due To Increased Leg and Foot Amputation Risk
- Comorbid Congestive Heart Failure Linked to Worse Outcomes When Receiving Parenteral Nutrition
- Early Insulin Therapy Improves Type 2 Diabetes Care
- Brain Function Abnormalities With Overweight/Obesity in Type 2 Diabetes
- Long-Term Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid Use Linked to Myocardial Dysfunction and Atherosclerosis
- Dual Experiences in Endometriosis Health Care
- Normal Meal Tolerance Test Effective As Insulin Secretion Test in T2D
- USPSTF: Updated Preeclampsia Screening Recommendations
- Oral Contraceptives May Reduce Fracture Risk