Cardiovascular And Metabolic
The J-shaped correlation seen for body mass index with cardiovascular disease risk is susceptible to confounding due to pre-existing comorbidities.
Calorie restriction over 2 years is associated with considerable weight loss, and with lower than expected energy expenditure.
The 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic has been linked to an increased risk of new-onset type 1 diabetes in children.
For patients with type 2 diabetes, visit-to-visit variability in systolic blood pressure may function as an independent predictor for cardiovascular events.
Total fractional sodium excretion increased with sitagliptin vs placebo.
Total hip BMD was associated with heart failure risk in black and non-black men, with an interaction by race.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits