Cardiovascular And Metabolic
The J-shaped correlation seen for body mass index with cardiovascular disease risk is susceptible to confounding due to pre-existing comorbidities.
Calorie restriction over 2 years is associated with considerable weight loss, and with lower than expected energy expenditure.
The 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic has been linked to an increased risk of new-onset type 1 diabetes in children.
For patients with type 2 diabetes, visit-to-visit variability in systolic blood pressure may function as an independent predictor for cardiovascular events.
Total fractional sodium excretion increased with sitagliptin vs placebo.
Total hip BMD was associated with heart failure risk in black and non-black men, with an interaction by race.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Estradiol, Cortisol, TGF-β1 Involved in Thyroid Immunity During Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Pharmacotherapy Personalization May Optimize Outcomes for Type 2 Diabetes
- Late-Onset Epilepsy Linked to Diabetes
- Examining the Ethical Considerations of Grateful Patient Fundraising
- Muscle Cell Proﬁles Relate to Exercise Response Variation in Type 2 Diabetes