Despite multiple measures and goals to reduce US maternal mortality rates, the latest data suggest the United States is far behind the rest of the world in maternal health care.
Metabolic Profile, Weight Increases Assessed in Ziprasidone Augmentation for Major Depressive Disorder
Escitalopram plus ziprasidone was found safe in certain patients, although the therapy required regular cardiovascular and metabolic monitoring.
Data from a UK cohort were used to examine the relationship between maternal sugar intake levels and pediatric respiratory and atopic outcomes.
Pregnancy-associated stroke risk is even higher in women with chronic hypertension, coagulopathies, and prothrombotic conditions.
Researchers examined the efficacy of aspirin in preventing preterm preeclampsia in women at risk.
Financial data for both mothers and children were examined through the first year of life.
Comorbidities included hyperlipidemia, hypertension, and type 2 diabetes, among others.
Extent and severity of coronary artery disease was examined in over 900 patients with type 2 diabetes.
Sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitors reduced both systolic and diastolic blood pressure in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Statin and aspirin therapies in diabetes did not increased patients' risks of cardiovascular events.
Data from the 9300 patient LEADER trial is now eligible for inclusion on liraglutide injection packaging.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Positive Outcomes Associated With Regular Depression Screening in T2D
- Parathyroidectomy for Secondary, Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism Increases Morbidity and Mortality
- Reversing Type 1 Diabetes May Be Possible With Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Acceptable Variability With Novel Sensor for Glucose Monitoring in T2D
- Liraglutide, Metformin, and Gliclazide Compared in Comorbid Type 2 Diabetes and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 7/21/17
- Link Between Diabetes and Hospital Readmission Rates
- Metabolic Profile, Weight Increases Assessed in Ziprasidone Augmentation for Major Depressive Disorder
- Pediatric Respiratory and Atopic Outcomes With Free Sugar Consumption In Pregnancy
- Surgical Wound Complications With Staples, Sutures in Women With Obesity