Despite multiple measures and goals to reduce US maternal mortality rates, the latest data suggest the United States is far behind the rest of the world in maternal health care.
According to Journal of the American Heart Association, pregnant women with chronic hypertension using antihypertensive agents reduces the risk of hypertension without added risk to the fetus.
The FDA is poised to review data from the DEVOTE trial, examining the rates of major adverse cardiovascular events in insulin degludec vs insulin glargine.
Patients with metabolic syndrome experienced an increase in Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS) scores.
Researchers suggest that women with overweight or obesity aim to lose weight before becoming pregnant.
The role of cholesterol in Parkinson's disease is not well understood.
Two studies examined the effects of naltrexone/bupropion on weight loss, glycemic parameters, and cardiovascular risks in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Patients with type 2 diabetes taking statins after insulin initiation had better glycemic control, but their risk for mortality was higher compared with patients who did not take statins.
Riser patterns in patients' BP resulting from orthostatic hypotension has been linked to increased rates of mortality and major adverse cardiac and cerebrovascular events.
Low-Carbohydrate vs Low-fat Diet Success In Patients With Prediabetes Differs According to Fasting Insulin Levels
Fasting plasma glucose, insulin, and insulin sensitivity levels were measured to determine their prognostic value as markers for long-term weight loss.
Researchers conducted a subgroup analysis of the SPRINT clinical trial to determine whether intensive blood pressure treatment outcomes were similar in patients with prediabetes vs normal fasting blood glucose levels.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Pooled Analysis Demonstrates Safety, Tolerability of Empagliflozin
- Serum Cholesterol Levels Over Time and Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- Prolonged Delayed Eating Linked to Weight Gain, Increased Respiratory Quotient
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/16/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Gestational Weight Gain Linked to Adverse Outcomes
- Worldwide Obesity Prevalence: BMI On The Rise in 70 Countries
- Grand Rounds Discussion: What Is The Role of Weight Loss Surgery in Obesity?
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes