Compared with the general population, patients with type 2 diabetes are at a 35% to 60% greater risk for atrial fibrillation.
Higher levels of estradiol were inversely associated with carotid artery intima-media thickness progression in the early postmenopausal cohort but positively associated with it in the late postmenopausal group.
For patients with severe obesity and type 2 diabetes, bariatric surgery is associated with a lower risk for macrovascular outcomes compared with not undergoing surgery.
Supplementation with coenzyme Q10 may be an effective approach for managing statin-induced myopathy.
Excess cardiovascular disease mortality persisted for many years after thyroid-ablative treatment in patients who received radioactive iodine who did not become hypothyroid.
Sexual harassment and sexual assault among midlife women are associated with poorer physical and mental health.
Implementing shared financial incentives between physicians and patients is a cost-effective intervention strategy for controlling LDL-C levels among high-risk patients.
Lorcaserin facilitates sustained weight loss without increasing the rate of major cardiovascular events among overweight or obese patients.
HbA1c levels following left ventricular assist device implantation were statistically significantly lower than before surgery.
Investigators analyze characteristics of participants with acquired partial lipodystrophy who developed severe metabolic abnormalities.
Genetic testing should become the standard of care for patients with definite or probable familial hypercholesterolemia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Severity of Metabolic Syndrome Indicates Risk for T2D, CVD in Prediabetes Treatment
- Atherosclerosis Progression Differs According to Timing of Estradiol Therapy After Menopause
- Sharp Decrease in US Life Expectancy Rankings by 2040
- Patients With Diabetes Have Higher Risk for Death From Alcohol, Accidents, Suicide
- Fertility Rates Decreasing in US for All Urbanization Levels