Generic Name and Formulations:
Mepenzolate bromide 25mg; tabs; contains tartrazine.
Indications for CANTIL:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer.
Use lowest effective dose. 1–2 tabs 4 times a day with meals and at bedtime.
Glaucoma. GU or GI obstruction (eg, pyloroduodenal stenosis, achalasia). Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony of the elderly or debilitated. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute GI hemorrhage. Toxic megacolon. Complicated ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal disease. Ulcerative colitis. Hiatal hernia with reflux esophagitis. Coronary heart disease. CHF. Cardiac arrhythmias. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Prostatic hypertrophy. Hyperthyroidism. High environmental temperature. Aspirin sensitivity. Delayed gastric emptying time. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with amantadine, class I antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine), antihistamines, phenothiazines, benzodiazepines, MAOIs, narcotic analgesics (eg, meperidine), nitrates, nitrites, sympathomimetic agents, tricyclics, and other anticholinergics. Antagonizes antiglaucoma agents. May antagonize metoclopramide. May affect absorption of digoxin. Antacids may inhibit absorption; avoid.
Nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, mental confusion, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, urticaria, tachycardia, urinary retention or hesitancy, decreased sweating, insomnia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally