Generic Name and Formulations:
Bromfenac 0.075%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
Indications for BROMSITE:
Post-operative inflammation and prevention of ocular pain following cataract surgery.
≥18yrs: 1 drop in affected eye twice daily starting 1 day before surgery, continued on day of surgery, and for 14 days post-op. May be given with other topical ophthalmics (eg, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, cycloplegics, mydriatics); administer at least 5 mins apart.
<18yrs: not established.
Bleeding tendencies. May slow or delay wound healing. Potential for cross-sensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, phenylacetic acid derivatives, other NSAIDs. Complicated/repeat ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Risk of corneal adverse events may be increased if used >24hrs before surgery, or beyond 14-days post-op. Contact lenses (remove during therapy). Pregnancy: avoid during late pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant topical NSAIDs and corticosteroids may potentiate healing problems. Caution with concomitant drugs that prolong bleeding time.
Anterior chamber inflammation, headache, vitreous floaters, iritis, eye pain, ocular hypertension; keratitis, corneal reactions (eg, epithelial breakdown, thinning, erosion, ulceration/perforation).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D