Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%, benzoyl peroxide 5%; gel.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BENZACLIN:
Apply twice daily.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive irritation with other topical agents. Avoid erythromycin.
Lincosamide antibiotic + antibacterial/keratolytic.
Dry skin, application site reaction, pruritus, peeling, erythema, sunburn, may bleach fabrics or hair; rare: superinfection, colitis.
Jar—25g; Pump—50g; BenzaClin Care Kit—(50g BenzaClin pump + 20 ampules Viscontour Serum)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity