Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%, benzoyl peroxide 5%; gel.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for BENZACLIN:
Apply twice daily.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Lincosamide antibiotic + antibacterial/keratolytic.
Additive irritation with other topical agents. Avoid erythromycin.
Dry skin, application site reaction, pruritus, peeling, erythema, sunburn, may bleach fabrics or hair; rare: superinfection, colitis.
Jar—25g; Pump—50g; BenzaClin Care Kit—(50g BenzaClin pump + 20 ampules Viscontour Serum)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Fasting Glycemic Variability Indicates Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Domestic Refrigeration May Pose Underestimated Risk for Insulin Quality
- Sitagliptin Provides Better Glycemic Control Than Dapagliflozin in T2D With Renal Impairment
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Causes of Burnout in Resident Physicians Examined
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Bariatric Surgery Reduces Macrovascular Complications in Obesity, T2D
- Without Medicaid Expansion, Poor Patients Forgo Medical Care