Generic Name and Formulations:
Belinostat 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for BELEODAQ:
Relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
Give 1000mg/m2 once daily by IV infusion over 30 mins on Days 1–5 of a 21-day cycle; can repeat cycles every 21 days until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications: Hematologic toxicities: if ANC nadir <0.5x109/L or platelet count <25x109/L: decrease dose by 25% (750mg/m2); discontinue if recurrent ANC <0.5x109/L or platelet count <25x109/L nadirs after 2 dose reductions; Non-hematologic toxicities: if any CTCAE Grade 3/4 reaction: decrease dose by 25% (750mg/m2); discontinue if recurrent CTCAE Grade 3/4 reaction after 2 dose reductions. Patients with homozygous UGT1A1*28 allele: initially 750mg/m2.
Risk of hematologic toxicity; monitor blood counts with differential at baseline and weekly during therapy; adjust dose as necessary. Active infection: do not administer. History of extensive or intensive chemotherapy: may be at higher risk of life-threatening infections. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor serum chemistry, renal and hepatic function before treatment and the start of each cycle; interrupt, adjust, or discontinue dose based on severity of hepatotoxicity. Tumor lysis syndrome; monitor patients with advanced stage disease and/or high tumor syndrome. GI toxicity; may require use of antiemetics and antidiarrheals. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant use of strong UGT1A1 inhibitors.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
Nausea, fatigue, pyrexia, anemia, vomiting; hematologic toxicity, infection, hepatotoxicity, tumor lysis syndrome, GI toxicity.
Single-use vial (30mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D