Generic Name and Formulations:
Epinephrine 0.1mg, 0.15mg, 0.3mg; pre-filled auto-injector (includes audible and visible cues for use).
Indications for AUVI-Q:
Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type 1) including anaphylaxis.
Adults and Children:
<7.5kg: not established. Inject IM or SQ only into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh. 7.5–15kg: 0.1mg. 15–30kg: 0.15mg. ≥30kg: 0.3mg. May repeat another dose if needed.
The presence of sulfite in this product should not deter use. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Parkinson's disease. Injection-related complications: do not inject intravenously or into buttock (risk of Clostridial infections), digits, hands, or feet; hold leg firmly and limit movement in children prior to and during injection. Advise patient to seek medical help immediately. Train patient in use of device. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, levothyroxine, antihistamines (eg, chlorpheniramine, tripelennamine, diphenhydramine). May be antagonized by β-blockers (eg, propranolol), α-blockers (eg, phentolamine), ergot alkaloids. Arrhythmias possible with cardiac glycosides, diuretics, or anti-arrhythmics.
Anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea, vomiting, headache, respiratory difficulties; arrhythmias; rare: serious infections (skin and soft tissue) at injection site.
Cartons—2 (w. one Auvi-Q Trainer)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits