AUGMENTIN ES-600 SUSPENSION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Amoxicillin 600mg, clavulanic acid (as potassium) 42.9mg; per 5mL; strawberry cream flavor (may add FLAVORx); contains phenylalanine.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for AUGMENTIN ES-600 SUSPENSION:
Susceptible recurrent or persistent acute otitis media (see full labeling).
Take with food. Base dose on amoxicillin component. Due to clavulanic acid component, ES-600 is not interchangable with other susp formulations. <3months: not recommended. ≥3months (<40kg): 90mg/kg per day in 2 divided doses every 12 hours for 10 days. ≥40kg: not recommended.
History of Augmentin-associated cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction. XR: Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) or hemodialysis.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Hepatic dysfunction. Mononucleosis. Elderly (consider monitoring renal function). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Broad-spectrum penicillin + β-lactamase inhibitor.
May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest, Benedict's or Fehling's soln. Probenecid potentiates amoxicillin. May potentiate oral anticoagulants (monitor). May antagonize oral contraceptives.
Diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, rash, urticaria, vomiting, vaginitis; anaphylaxis.
XR tabs—28, 40; Tabs 250mg—30; Tabs 500mg, 875mg—20; Susp 125mg/5mL, 250mg/5mL—75mL, 100mL, 150mL; Susp 200mg/5mL, 400mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL; Chew tabs 125mg, 250mg—30; Chew tabs 200mg, 400mg—20; Susp ES-600 600mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL, 150mL, 200mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Placebo Effect of Various Female Sexual Dysfunction Drug Txs Assessed
- Link Between Oral Diabetes Medications and Bullous Pemphigoid
- Calcium Channel Blocker May Benefit Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- β-Cell Function in Youth With Impaired Glucose Tolerance, T2D