CDC27 mutations may be associated with less aggressive behavior while SLC25A5 mutations may be associated with more aggressive behavior in papillary thyroid carcinomas.
The first-in-class compound CUDC-907, which is being tested for multiple myeloma and refractory lymphoma, may be promising for anaplastic thyroid cancer and poorly differentiated thyroid cancer.
Long-term recurrence rates appear to be low following the use of recombinant human thyrotropin for postoperative ablation in low-risk thyroid cancer.
Initiating treatment with the mTor inhibitor everolimus followed by the somatostatin analogue pasireotide may be beneficial in advanced thyroid cancer.
A new study has validated the American Thyroid Association sonographic pattern for selection of thyroid nodules undergoing ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration.
Active surveillance in low-risk thyroid cancer may be better than immediate surgery in some patients.
Despite side effects, patients with differentiated thyroid cancer taking lenvatinib may experience better outcomes with close monitoring.
Current cut-offs for pregnancy-specific thyroid autoantibody positivity vary from by assay.
Liquid biopsy may prevent the need for unnecessary biopsies in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma.
Half of the infants in the study had a delayed diagnosis of congenital hypothyroidism.
Women with higher-than-normal thyrotropin concentrations during pregnancy may be more likely to experience premature delivery.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging