Women with higher-than-normal thyrotropin concentrations during pregnancy may be more likely to experience premature delivery.
CDC27 mutations may be associated with less aggressive behavior while SLC25A5 mutations may be associated with more aggressive behavior in papillary thyroid carcinomas.
The first-in-class compound CUDC-907, which is being tested for multiple myeloma and refractory lymphoma, may be promising for anaplastic thyroid cancer and poorly differentiated thyroid cancer.
Long-term recurrence rates appear to be low following the use of recombinant human thyrotropin for postoperative ablation in low-risk thyroid cancer.
Initiating treatment with the mTor inhibitor everolimus followed by the somatostatin analogue pasireotide may be beneficial in advanced thyroid cancer.
A new study has validated the American Thyroid Association sonographic pattern for selection of thyroid nodules undergoing ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration.
Active surveillance in low-risk thyroid cancer may be better than immediate surgery in some patients.
Despite side effects, patients with differentiated thyroid cancer taking lenvatinib may experience better outcomes with close monitoring.
Current cut-offs for pregnancy-specific thyroid autoantibody positivity vary from by assay.
Liquid biopsy may prevent the need for unnecessary biopsies in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma.
Half of the infants in the study had a delayed diagnosis of congenital hypothyroidism.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Bariatric Surgery: An Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation