Experts from more than 30 national and international societies have pledged to intensify efforts and collaborate to address the "crisis" in osteoporosis.
Crosstalk between bone and muscle plays a significant role in exercise adaptation.
The risk for vertebral fracture in women with osteoporosis was significantly lower with romosozumab vs placebo at 12 months.
The combination of calcium, proteins, and probiotics found in yogurt may affect gut microbiota and have a positive effect on bone density.
A decline in Medicare reimbursement for DXA testing is one of the factors to higher-than-expected hip fracture rates.
ew findings from a population-based cohort study suggest that there are small but significant deficits in hip bone mineral density (BMD) cross-sectionally associated with sitting time adjusted for physical activity.
Infants fed soy formula vs breast milk experienced greater bone acquisition during the first year of life.
Genetic predisposition for poor bone tissue quality may be a risk factor for hip fracture.
Brief training sessions several times a week for 2 years improved regional and whole-body bone development in teen girls.
Fracture prediction was more accurate with profiling of bone density-related variants vs clinical risk factors alone.
A modest reduction in risk for fracture was noted with calcium plus vitamin D supplements, but the effect on cardiovascular outcomes was unclear.
The oldest age group experienced the greatest improvements with alendronate, as compared with the younger groups in the study.
Osteoporosis and genomics will be among key highlights at the annual meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages on Obesity Development
- Denosumab May Increase BMD in Women With Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Risk Factors for Diabetes May Be Identified 20 Years Before Diagnosis
- T2D May Play a Protective Role Against Developing Aortic Diseases
- Reducing Eating Speed May Prevent Obesity in Type 2 Diabetes
- Metformin Safe in T2D With Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- SGLT2 Inhibitors Show High Cardiovascular- and Renal-Protective Effects in T2D
- Type 2 Diabetes Insulin Initiation: Predictors Identified
- Two New Diabetes Medications Now Available
- Managing Acute Pain in Patients With Severe Obesity
- Effect of Biologic DMARDs on Spinal Fracture Risk in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Metformin and PCOS: Improving Menstrual Cycle and Hormone Profiles
- Case: A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After Wildfires
- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss Recovery Lower With Metabolic Syndrome
- Weight Regain More Likely With Perfluoroalkyl Substances