ASACOL HD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 800mg; delayed release tabs.
Indications for ASACOL HD:
Moderately active ulcerative colitis.
Swallow whole; do not crush or chew. Treatment: 1600mg 3 times daily for 6 weeks.
History of renal disease; monitor renal function before and during therapy. Pyloric stenosis. Pre-existing liver disease. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly (monitor CBCs). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Headache, GI upset or pain, constipation, eructation, nasopharyngitis, exacerbation of colitis symptoms (discontinue if occurs), dizziness, asthenia; renal impairment (eg, interstitial nephritis, minimal change nephropathy, renal failure [rare]).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation