ARCAPTA NEOHALER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indacaterol 75mcg; inhalation pwd hard capsules for use with Neohaler device.
Indications for ARCAPTA NEOHALER:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in patients with COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
For oral inhalation use only with Neohaler device; do not swallow caps. Remove cap from blister pack immediately before use. Inhale contents of one 75mcg cap daily.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Not recommended for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for primary treatment of acute symptoms. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Hypokalemia. Hyperglycemia. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Avoid other sympathomimetics (except short-acting bronchodilators). Extreme caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, others that prolong QTc interval. Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, theophylline, aminophylline, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Cough, oropharyngeal pain, nasopharyngitis, headache, nausea; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue immediately and use alternative therapy).
Blister pack—30 + one Neohaler device
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity