Women with endometriosis who participated in the study expressed alternately being treated with ignorance and being ignored by their clinicians.
Research results indicate that more randomized clinical trials are needed to examine the relationship between hearing loss and oral hormone replacement therapy.
Testosterone has been identified as a "potent inhibitor" of lymphoid cells responsible for producing proteins that lead to lung inflammation.
Data from a systematic review and meta-analysis confirmed a higher risk of anxiety and depression in PCOS, but underlying factors are still unclear.
Serum samples, spirometry, and questionnaire data were collected from nearly 1500 women to determine if menopausal status affected lung function.
Incident falls were linked with total testosterone and bioavailable levels of testosterone after adjusting for age and prevalent falls.
Studies published in JAMA and JAMA Internal Medicine highlight the benefits and risks of treating men for low testosterone.
Severe anxiety was independently associated with poor quality of life in postmenopausal patients.
Data from the Nurses' Health Studies were analyzed to determine if there is a link between seropositive and seronegative rheumatoid arthritis and age of menopause onset.
Researchers have pinpointed harmonized references ranges for total testosterone levels in men.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring in Type 2 Diabetes Does Not Benefit Glycemic Control
- Major Cardiovascular Event Incidence in T2D: Degludec vs Glargine
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain