Androgen and Reproductive Disorders Feature Archive
Although the use of fertility therapy has steadily increased in the past few decades, research findings pertaining to related long-term cardiovascular outcomes are scarce and conflicting.
Lifestyle modification and an individualized treatment approach are effective strategies for managing menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors who are largely advised to avoid hormone replacement therapy.
The relationship between hormones and migraine is most frequently pronounced during the female reproductive years.
A lack of data prevents endocrinologists from fully understanding the long-term risks of therapy in this patient population.
Sexual function and mood and depressive symptoms were improved in older men who received testosterone therapy.
An individualized approach based on patient preferences is important for treatment of menopause.
Selective estrogen receptor modulators may offer a viable treatment option for men with secondary hypogonadism.
Recent data suggest that older age at menopause as well as a longer reproductive period have a lower risk for depression later in life.
Preconception interventions designed to induce weight loss in women with PCOS improved metabolic parameters and ovulation rates.
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists issues position statement on CV risks of testosterone therapy.
Women seeking relief from menopausal symptoms must be aware of the risks, benefits of different treatment options.
In older men, testosterone levels directly linked to sexual activity, desire.
Hypogonadism is disproportionately high in men with spinal cord injury, leading researchers to suggest a connection between the two conditions.
The use of non-FDA-approved, bioidentical hormone therapy is increasing dramatically among menopausal women.
Transgender persons are a unique patient population and require careful consideration when undergoing hormone therapy, such as estrogen and testosterone replacement.
The Menopause Map facilitates discussion between patients and providers on the "menopause journey."
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine