Androgen & Reproductive Disorders
A combination of early menstruation with more frequent periods may lower a woman's depression risk.
Patients attending VA clinics may experience variability in testosterone prescribing practices for hypogonadism.
Two studies examined the efficacy of acupuncture therapy for stress incontinence and PCOS, finding mixed results.
Data from a UK cohort were used to examine the relationship between maternal sugar intake levels and pediatric respiratory and atopic outcomes.
Acute decline in ovarian function may contribute to the autoimmunity associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
The North American Menopause Society released updated guidelines for hormone therapy use in women who are postmenopausal.
Gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist elagolix demonstrated clinical improvement for women with endometriosis-related pain.
The female athlete triad includes low energy availability, menstrual dysfunction, and low bone density.
After 1 year of therapy, men who underwent testosterone therapy experienced improvement in bone mineral density and mood.
Long-term use of anabolic-androgenic steroids increases risks for decreased left ventricular diastolic function and increased coronary plaque volume.
Women with endometriosis who participated in the study expressed alternately being treated with ignorance and being ignored by their clinicians.
Research results indicate that more randomized clinical trials are needed to examine the relationship between hearing loss and oral hormone replacement therapy.
Testosterone has been identified as a "potent inhibitor" of lymphoid cells responsible for producing proteins that lead to lung inflammation.
Low adherence to topical testosterone therapy has been linked to lowered total testosterone values and poor outcomes.
There has been growing concern that testosterone replacement therapy is associated with adverse cardiovascular outcomes.
The highest prevalence of metabolic syndrome in women with polycystic ovary syndrome in the United States occurred in black women.
Serum samples, spirometry, and questionnaire data were collected from nearly 1500 women to determine if menopausal status affected lung function.
Although increases in hemoglobin and hematocrit levels were recorded, findings support the safety of cross-sex hormones for transgender teens.
Transgender men who are on long-term androgen therapy have higher levels of aortic stiffness, which may increase their risk for cardiovascular events.
Incident falls were linked with total testosterone and bioavailable levels of testosterone after adjusting for age and prevalent falls.
Studies published in JAMA and JAMA Internal Medicine highlight the benefits and risks of treating men for low testosterone.
Severe anxiety was independently associated with poor quality of life in postmenopausal patients.
Data from the Nurses' Health Studies were analyzed to determine if there is a link between seropositive and seronegative rheumatoid arthritis and age of menopause onset.
Researchers have pinpointed harmonized references ranges for total testosterone levels in men.
For women with HIV, anti-Müllerian hormone is associated with age of menopause onset.
Outside of hormone therapy, endocrinologists reported having low confidence in their knowledge about caring for transgender patients.
Women in the menopausal transition and early postmenopause are at higher risk for depressive symptoms and negative mood than those in late postmenopause.
Menopausal status is associated with accelerated lung function decline.
In postmenopausal women taking hormone therapy, risk for death from vascular dementia appeared to be reduced.
Treatment with growth hormone did not affect insulin sensitivity or insulin secretion in girls with Turner syndrome.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Reducing Hypoglycemia in T1D and T2D: Insulin Degludec vs Insulin Glargine
- Insulin Therapy Initiation in T2D Associated With Sedentary Behavior, Weight Increases
- Early, Middle Adulthood Weight Gain Linked to Increased Chronic Disease Risk
- Diabetes Risk Lowered With Regular Alcohol Consumption
- BMD of Femoral Neck Declines Twice as Fast in HIV-Infected Women
- Efficacy of Biomarker Screening Pathway in Monogenic Diabetes Diagnosis
- Heart Failure in Type 2 Diabetes: Improving the Risk Model
- Two-Hour Postload Glucose Test as Predictor of Cardiovascular Events
- HbA1c, Fasting Plasma Glucose Predictive of Alzheimer's in T2D
- Management of Hypoglycemia: Insulin Degludec vs Insulin Glargine
- BMD Loss Slowed With Delayed Antiretroviral Therapy in HIV
- USPSTF: Lifestyle Counseling Can Protect CV Health in Low-Risk Adults
- Improved Aspirin Responsiveness in Obesity With Bariatric Surgery
- Primary Plus Specialist Care in Diabetes with Compensated Cirrhosis: Is There A Benefit?
- Mild Cases of Cushing's Syndrome Present Diagnostic Challenges