Physicians should be aware of the "female athlete triad," which includes amenorrhea, osteoporosis, and disordered eating.
Verbal memory and cognitive flexibility improved after 6 months of estrogen replacement therapy.
Women 40 to 49 years of age with breast cancer regained ovarian function after chemotherapy with letrozole treatment.
Young female athletes my experience endocrine disorders, including menstrual problems and difficulty with bone mass, due to intense training.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Estradiol, Cortisol, TGF-β1 Involved in Thyroid Immunity During Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Pharmacotherapy Personalization May Optimize Outcomes for Type 2 Diabetes
- Late-Onset Epilepsy Linked to Diabetes
- Examining the Ethical Considerations of Grateful Patient Fundraising
- Muscle Cell Proﬁles Relate to Exercise Response Variation in Type 2 Diabetes