ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fexofenadine HCl 60mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 120mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach. 1 tab twice daily. Renal impairment: initially 1 tab once daily.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of stopping MAOIs.
Hypertension. Diabetes. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Renal impairment. GI or GU obstruction. Seizure disorders. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid concomitant aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis. Avoid other sympathomimetics. Fruit juices (eg, grapefruit, orange, apple) may reduce plasma levels.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Headache, insomnia, nausea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, throat irritation, dizziness, agitation, back or abdominal pain, palpitations, nervousness, anxiety, upper respiratory infection.
Tabs 24hr—100; 12hr—100, 500
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Triple-Goal Achievement Reduces Risk for Complications in Type 2 Diabetes
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- ADA Issues White Paper Addressing Escalating Cost of Insulin
- Neprilysin Inhibition May Reduce Renal Function Deterioration in Comorbid T2D and Chronic Heart Failure
- Serum Chemerin May Predict Risk for Spontaneous Abortion in Women With PCOS
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Effects of Gender on Clinical Outcomes in Empagliflozin-Treated Type 2 Diabetes
- Effect of Acetyl-L-Carnitine on Blood Pressure in Type 2 Diabetes
- PAH Risk, Mortality Increased by Disturbances in Male Sex Hormones
- Perioperative Cardiovascular Events More Common in Diabetes
- Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes See Improvement With Continuous Glucose Monitoring