ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fexofenadine HCl 60mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 120mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach. 1 tab twice daily. Renal impairment: initially 1 tab once daily.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of stopping MAOIs.
Hypertension. Diabetes. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Renal impairment. GI or GU obstruction. Seizure disorders. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Avoid concomitant aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis. Avoid other sympathomimetics. Fruit juices (eg, grapefruit, orange, apple) may reduce plasma levels.
Headache, insomnia, nausea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, throat irritation, dizziness, agitation, back or abdominal pain, palpitations, nervousness, anxiety, upper respiratory infection.
Tabs 24hr—100; 12hr—100, 500
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Marketing of 2 Devices to Detect Parathyroid Tissue in Real Time
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Education Week 2018: Patient Resources for Your Practice
- Cardiometabolic Disease Patterns Related to Race, Ethnicity in Midlife Women
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D