ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fexofenadine HCl 60mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 120mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach. 1 tab twice daily. Renal impairment: initially 1 tab once daily.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of stopping MAOIs.
Hypertension. Diabetes. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Renal impairment. GI or GU obstruction. Seizure disorders. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid concomitant aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis. Avoid other sympathomimetics. Fruit juices (eg, grapefruit, orange, apple) may reduce plasma levels.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Headache, insomnia, nausea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, throat irritation, dizziness, agitation, back or abdominal pain, palpitations, nervousness, anxiety, upper respiratory infection.
Tabs 24hr—100; 12hr—100, 500
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity