ALINIA TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitazoxanide 500mg; tabs.
Indications for ALINIA TABLETS:
Diarrhea due to G. lamblia or C. parvum.
Limitations Of use:
Not effective in diarrhea due to C. parvum in HIV-infected or immunodeficiency.
Take with food. 500mg every 12 hours for 3 days.
Hepatic or renal impairment. HIV-infected or immunodeficient. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with other highly protein bound drugs with narrow therapeutic indices (eg, warfarin).
Abdominal pain, headache, chromaturia, nausea.
Tabs—6, 60; Susp—60mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity