ALINIA TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitazoxanide 500mg; tabs.
Indications for ALINIA TABLETS:
Diarrhea due to G. lamblia or C. parvum.
Limitations Of use:
Not effective in diarrhea due to C. parvum in HIV-infected or immunodeficiency.
Take with food. 500mg every 12 hours for 3 days.
Hepatic or renal impairment. HIV-infected or immunodeficient. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with other highly protein bound drugs with narrow therapeutic indices (eg, warfarin).
Abdominal pain, headache, chromaturia, nausea.
Tabs—6, 60; Susp—60mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- AUA: New Guidelines for Diagnosis, Management of Testosterone Deficiency
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Canagliflozin May Improve Renal Outcomes in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Accuracy of Novel Implantable Continuous Glucose Monitoring Device Assessed
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes
- USPSTF Issues Recommendation for Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation for Fracture Prevention
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Oxyntomodulin Augments Glucose Homeostasis