Children born by Cesarean section may be more likely to develop obesity later in life.
A mean 51% reduction in LDL cholesterol was seen in the group assigned to the 300 mg dose of inclisiran.
Veterans undergoing statin therapy had an increased risk of developing diabetes over a 10-year period; however, physical fitness was associated with a decreased risk of developing the condition.
Individuals with 1 or 2 dominant G alleles of rs713598 in the TAS2R38 gene were 1.9 times more likely to consume sodium >2.3 g/d.
An analysis of more than 80,000 Chinese participants found that all alcohol consumption slowed the decline of HDL cholesterol in the body.
A history of childhood adversity was associated with blood pressure dysfunction from childhood into adulthood.
Postmenopausal women whose weight fluctuated due to dieting had a significantly higher risk for death from sudden cardiac death and coronary heart disease.
Antihypertensive drugs and rosuvastatin did not prevent or worsen cognitive decline in those at intermediate risk for CVD.
Bariatric surgery was associated with a significant reduction in risk of heart failure among obese patients.
A multifaceted campaign that included policy change and community outreach led to a decrease in sales of sugary drinks.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified