Children born by Cesarean section may be more likely to develop obesity later in life.
A mean 51% reduction in LDL cholesterol was seen in the group assigned to the 300 mg dose of inclisiran.
Veterans undergoing statin therapy had an increased risk of developing diabetes over a 10-year period; however, physical fitness was associated with a decreased risk of developing the condition.
Individuals with 1 or 2 dominant G alleles of rs713598 in the TAS2R38 gene were 1.9 times more likely to consume sodium >2.3 g/d.
An analysis of more than 80,000 Chinese participants found that all alcohol consumption slowed the decline of HDL cholesterol in the body.
A history of childhood adversity was associated with blood pressure dysfunction from childhood into adulthood.
Postmenopausal women whose weight fluctuated due to dieting had a significantly higher risk for death from sudden cardiac death and coronary heart disease.
Antihypertensive drugs and rosuvastatin did not prevent or worsen cognitive decline in those at intermediate risk for CVD.
Bariatric surgery was associated with a significant reduction in risk of heart failure among obese patients.
A multifaceted campaign that included policy change and community outreach led to a decrease in sales of sugary drinks.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Telemedicine Expands Access to Rural, Low-Income, Isolated Communities
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in Type 2 Diabetes
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- MiniMed 670G System Improves Glycemic Outcomes in Children With T1D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Low Sperm Count Linked to Poor Metabolic, Cardiovascular, Bone Health
- Estrogen Improves Eating Behavior, Psychopathology in Oligo-Amenorrheic Athletes