AFRIN ORIGINAL OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxymetazoline HCl 0.05%; nasal spray.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for AFRIN ORIGINAL:
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: individualize. ≥6yrs: 2–3 sprays in each nostril not more than every 10–12 hours. Max 2 doses/day.
Use >3 days; may worsen nasal congestion.
Heart disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Urinary retention. Enlarged prostate. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Local effects (eg, burning, stinging, sneezing, increased nasal discharge).
Original nasal spray—30mL; No Drip Original, Severe Congestion, Extra Moisturizing, Sinus—15mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity