ADVIL PM LIQUI-GELS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen (solubilized) 200mg, diphenhydramine HCl 25mg.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ADVIL PM LIQUI-GELS:
Relief of occasional sleeplessness when associated with minor aches and pains.
2 caplets or liqui-gels at bedtime. Max 2 caplets or liqui-gels/24hrs.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Unless sufficient time for a full night's sleep. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery. Sleeplessness without pain. Concomitant with other diphenhydramine-containing products (including topicals).
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding (esp. ≥60yrs old). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Respiratory disorders (eg, emphysema, bronchitis). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Reevaluate if pain persists or worsens after >10 days or sleeplessness persists continuously >2 weeks. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics. Additive effects with other antihistamines, anticholinergics, sedatives, tranquilizers, or any other sleep-aid.
NSAID + hypnotic (anticholinergic).
Drowsiness, GI upset/bleed, rash, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Caplets—20, 40, 80, 120 (orig or EZ open); Liqui-Gels—20, 40, 80
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity