ADVIL MIGRAINE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 200mg; liquid-filled caps.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ADVIL MIGRAINE:
≥18yrs: Usually 400mg once daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding. History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Reevaluate if pain persists or worsens after ≥10 days or fever lasts ≥3 days. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
GI upset/bleed, feel faint, rash, redness, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, chest pain, weakness, slurred speech, leg swelling), allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Liqui-Caps—20, 30, 40, 48, 60, 80, 100, 120, 135
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Admelog Short-Acting Insulin Lispro Injection
- Fertility Hormone Therapy and Cardiovascular Outcomes: What We Know
- Effects of Peer Influence in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- More Evidence That Saxagliptin Does Not Increase Risk for AMI in Diabetes
- One-Hour Glucose Readings Predict T2D Risk Better Than 2-Hour Measurements
- FDA: Vitamin B7 May Interfere With Lab Tests for Hormone Levels
- Injected and Oral Medications Equally Safe for Gestational Diabetes
- Adjunctive Dapagliflozin Improves Glycemic Control in T1D
- Estradiol Therapy May Benefit Overall Cognition in Postmenopausal Women
- Stopping Postmenopausal HT May Increase Risk for Cardiac, Stroke Death
- Psychosocial Benefits of a Bihormonal Bionic Pancreas System in T1D
- Safety of Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Diabetes
- Oral Insulin Not a Reliable Preventive Strategy for Type 1 Diabetes
- Prevention of Bone Mineral Density Loss Needed in Epilepsy
- Gastric Bypass Blunts B-Cell Sensitivity During Glycemia