As a result of overlapping features with various other conditions, milder cases of Cushing's syndrome present diagnostic challenges and may require careful observation as well as biochemical and imaging tests.
The guideline highlights shared decision making among patients, their families, and physicians for the management of congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
Investigators sought to determine the frequency of metabolic syndrome in patients with nonfunctioning adrenal incidentalomas.
Results from this single-arm, open-label study found that 30% of patients achieved normalization of mean urinary free cortisol (UFC) after 6 months of maintenance treatment with levoketoconazole, without a dose increase (P<.25).
Azedra should be used by or under the control of physicians who are qualified by specific training and experience in the safe use and handling of radiopharmaceuticals.
Administering glucocorticoid leads to entrainment of molecular clocks in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by regulating BMAL-1 and PER2-3.
Researchers assessed disease presentation and clinical outcomes in an older population of individuals with Cushing disease.
Study assessed cardiovascular function, quality of life, and mental/physical health in overt and cured Cushing syndrome.
Mechanical pain perception and somatosensory function in secondary adrenal insufficiency were examined.
The analysis led to the identification of 4 potentially pathogenic missense variants in CABLES1.
Functional hypothalamic amenorrhea should be diagnosed by exclusion.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Measuring Time in Range During CGM May Be Useful Outcome Metric for Clinical Trials
- HbA1c Variability in General Population Increases Risk for Cardiovascular Events, All-Cause Mortality
- ADA Issues Position Statement on Comprehensive Care for Pediatric T2D
- Multiple Daily Injections vs Insulin Pump Therapy in Pregnant Women With T1D
- Acute and Persistent Prothrombic Effects Observed With Antecedent Hypoglycemia in T2D
- High Free T4 Levels Within Reference Range Associated With Atrial Fibrillation
- Consensus Guidelines Reinforce Healthy Living for Lowering Cholesterol
- Exposure to Maternal Diabetes Increases Risk for ADHD in Offspring
- Pharmacist-Led Intervention Reduces Inappropriate Prescriptions for Older Adults
- Genetic Test Helps Differentiate Benign vs Malignant Thyroid Nodules